Energy from the Wind
This page is your source for wind power, discussing the basic principles of wind energy, and the wind energy picture in the United States, and around the world.
This page is currently in flux, with updates daily. Once continuity is attained, a free pdf version of this guide for archival and distribution purposes will be posted.
- Evaluation of Global Wind Power (Archer & Jacobson 2005)
- Exploiting Wind Versus Coal (Jacobson & Masters 2001)
- Supplying Baseload Power and Reducing Transmission Requirements by Interconnecting Wind Farms (Archer & Jacobson 2007)
- World Energy Council Survey of Energy Resources 2004 (pp. 363-390)
- Harnessing High Altitude Wind (Roberts et. al. 2007)
Author: Nick Enge
General References: EIA Wind Energy
Special Thanks: Jane Woodward (Stanford), and Gil Masters (Stanford) for introduction to many of these resources.
Have something to add to this page? Submit your idea below!
Please remember to cite your sources.