Energy from Petroleum
This page is your source for information about petroleum, discussing the basic principles of drilling, refining, and combustion, and the petroleum picture in the United States, and around the world.
This page is currently in flux, with frequent updates. The Lotus Live Guide to Petroleum (pdf) is currently being built - draft statistics can be found here.
Reports about Petroleum
- Survey of Energy Resources 2004 pp. 31-118 (World Energy Council 2004)
- Ending Our Oil Dependence (Lovins 2005)
Books About Petroleum
- Winning the Oil Endgame by Amory Lovins, et. al. (freely downloadable)
- Freedom from Oil by David Sandalow
- The Prize by Daniel Yergin
Author: Nick Enge
General References: Freedom from Oil
Special Thanks: Jane Woodward (Stanford), and Gil Masters (Stanford) for introduction to many of these resources.
Have something to add to this page? Submit your idea below!
Please remember to cite your sources.