How Do I Use Energy Efficiently?
For recommendations on how to use energy more efficiently in your home, see:
The Lotus Live Residential Energy Efficiency Guide (7 pages)
How Do I Implement These Ideas?
The Lotus Live Energy Products page provides technology recommendations.
Taking It One Step Further
Once you have made your home more efficient, you might want to consider using renewables to provide the rest of your energy needs.
You can probably buy renewable, clean energy from your local power company. This map will help you learn about the options available in your area.
- Monitor Draws Zero Power on Standby (PC World 2007)
- RMI Home Energy Briefs (RMI 2004)
- Cool Citizens: Everyday Solutions to Climate Change (RMI 2002)
- Cool Citizens: Residential Carbon Dioxide Emissions Profile (RMI 2002)
- Emissions of Greenhouse Gases per Household and per Capita (RMI 2002)
- Energy End-Use Efficiency (Lovins 2005)
- From the Lab to the Marketplace - 10 Years Later (LBNL 2007)
Author: Nick Enge
Contributors: Lauren L
Special Thanks: Amory Lovins (RMI), GIl Masters (Stanford), and Jane Woodward (Stanford) for introduction to many of these resources.
Have something to add to this page? Submit your idea below!
Please remember to cite your sources.