This page presents a high level view of the U.S. and world energy pictures, from how much energy is used, to what types of resources are used, to where they are used.
For a brief history of energy issues, see Energy History.
For an introduction to energy terminology, and the basic physics and thermodynamics needed to understand energy issues, see Energy Fundamentals.
For a comparison between the vital statistics of each energy resource, see Comparisons.
For key energy statistics, toggle the sections below by clicking the headers.
Impacts of Energy Use
- Renewable and Efficient Electric Power Systems by Gil Masters
- Energy Systems and Sustainability ed. by Godfrey Boyle
- Renewable Energy ed. by Boyle, Everett, Ramage
- Fundamentals of Renewable Energy Processes by Aldo da Rosa
- Power Generation Technologies by Paul Breeze
Author: Nick Enge
Special Thanks: Jane Woodward (Stanford) for introduction to many of these resources.
Have something to add to this page? Submit your idea below!
Please remember to cite your sources.