Green Food Buying Guides
Check out the Lotus Live Guide to Nutrition. It's sparse now, but will be updated with new resources as we discover them.
Food Nutritional Data
The USDA's Nutrient Data Laboratory's nutrient database provides all the nutritional information you could ever need to know.
Food Industry Statistics
The USDA's food availability data system provides yearly production and consumption data for all foods back to 1909.
- Household Consumption and the Environment (EEA 2005)
- Sustainable Food Policy Guide (AASHE Partners 2007)
- The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan
As the title suggests, a detailed history of four very different kinds of meals.
- What to Eat by Marion Nestle
A 600 page tome detailing everything you could want to know about what you eat.
- Harvest for Hope: A Guide to Mindful Eating by Jane Goodall
Easy read about the environmental and moral effects of eating.
Author: Nick Enge
Have something to add to this page? Submit your idea below!
Please remember to cite your sources.